Question

Tay111

Would it help my score to open credit cards that I rarely use and pay on time?
Will my score be better helped by having multiple credit cards (3-5) and spreading my credit usage between them or to use one card for all of my needs?

For building credit it is good to have at least three credit cards. As far as which ones to use, you may want to spread things out a little. Do some reading on "credit card utilization". You will find that you do not want to use more than 30% of a cards limit, because if you do, your scores will be dinged for the month showing the "high utilization". Be sure to read about all credit topics too, there is a lot to know and the information is needed for you to make the right choices.