Will removing a loan increase my score or will continuing to pay it on time?
I had a home loan for a modular over 10 years ago. My ex father in law refinanced the loan in his name yet it still shows on my credit report. I have contacted the bank and they will not help me because I am not the primary account holder and I am not on the account anymore. I've also disputed this several times with the credit bureau and it still continues to stay on my credit report. The loan is in good standing and has excellent pay history. My question is if it will improve my score to get it removed or not? Its about $25,000 of debt that shows I'm trying to pay when in reality I am not so it affects my income/debt ratio, correct?