Question

happywifehappylife

Will Reinstating a credit account which is still open recover my years of credit?
I was on my parent's joint credit card account. I recently terminated my name on the account and now my average credit duration has gone to 6 months from 6 years. The account is still open as my parents have it. If I reinstate my name, will it remain as credit for 10 years, or start over? Thanks.

Depends on the policy of the credit issuer, but most likely will be started over.  Just work on keeping all current accounts paid as agreed and build additional credit for yourself.  It actually proceeds rather quickly when you do so carefully.