Question

secretazure

Will opening a personal loan affect my average age of open credit?
Hello, I have a low average age of open credit (2 yrs, 5 mos or so) but have a decent CK score of 776. On CK it states that average age of open credit has "Medium Impact" on your overall score so I was wondering if opening a personal loan would impact this negatively.

I understand if I open a new credit card, for example, my average age of credit falls to less than 2 years and looks terrible so I can't risk opening a personal loan (for the sake of gaining 'mixed' credit types) lowering my score.

All and any help is very much appreciated on this matter.
Thanks in advance!

To add on, the only reason I am even considering taking out a personal loan is to gain a more mixed credit. Right now ALL of my credit is coming from 3 credit cards and so my credit history lacks variety. 

Thanks again!

Not sure if I'm allowed to but I would appreciate the help so I'm bumping this.