Question

roadkill721

Will my score increase immediately once I pay down my cards?
So I have been carrying a 98% utilization rating on both of my cards for several months now. I know that really damages my credit. I was wondering if I paid them down to 10% utilization would it increase my score the next time they report? Or will it not increase by very much because of the length of time I've been carrying the balance? I am under the impression it doesn't matter how long you carry the balance that it will increase the same amount.

Most Helpful Response

Yes. One of the very few things that can earn us a super-quick score improvement is a paydown as large as the one you describe.