Question

Stamood4

Will my credit score go up if I pay off some of my collection accounts?
I have 9 collection accounts and just paid off the 4 most recent. Will this boost up my credit score? Also I am setting up a payment plan on the rest of the 5 other collection accounts. How will doing both these things affect my score?

You should've done some reading and asked some questions first. I would not expect your credit to improve much. You want to get accounts removed from your reports rather than just marked as paid. Paid vs. Unpaid collection is really not any different when it comes to credit scoring systems. A "pay for delete agreement" is something that you want to try to negotiate PRIOR to paying collections. As far as entering payment plans, that is a terrible idea as you lose your leverage for "settling for less" and you also can restart the time frame to be sued for the debt. Sorry I do not have good news for you, that is why it pays to read first.