Question

Fantasm91

Will my credit score always be bad? I filed bankruptcy at 23... Will it ever go back up?

If you're diligent about paying your bills on time, and being careful about your spending, and not overextending yourself again, yes, it definitely will go back up. I had a near-fatal illness in my very early 20s, and we ended up having to file bankruptcy as a result of the financial devastation (my loss of income, HUGE medical bills, etc.). It felt like the world was coming to an end...that's how devastated I was at the idea of filing bankruptcy. But, with time--and absolute diligence when it comes to paying bills--we eventually recovered. And so will you. Just don't let it happen again. :)

It will go back up if you take the time to do some reading about credit and learn the steps that you need to take in order to rebuild your credit. You will also find out very quickly with a little reading that bankruptcy does not stay on your report forever. Start reading to gain the information that you need. There is a wealth of information on this site and across the internet that will help you become knowledgable about credit so you make the right moves.