Question

Maylee426

Will my credit be affected as an authorized user?
I am an authorized user on one of my mother credit cards, Capital One to be exact, and I know if she were to not pay her bills in this card it could possibly affect me negatively. But what I want to know well my mother is losing her house and I know that will impact her score. We are NOT on the mortgage together only the Capital One Card. But will that affect my score and my future if I ever want to get a house. Remember I am not a co signer just authorized user but would it affect me. Because if it does I would like to get out before the foreclosure goes through.

Being an AU will have an impact in cases where the account where you are an AU is considered.  Such accounts are not considered in all cases.

When you're an AU, the account shows up on your credit reports.  That's it.  Your mother's credit is not merged with your credit.  Her Capital One card just shows up on your reports.  Her mortgage will have no impact on you.