Question

modestRay

Will credit score increase if not using the credit card?
Hi, I just got a secured credit card last month and I thought the way it works is the more I spend close to the limit, the higher my credit score will be. Apparently I was wrong, and my score is around 560 now.
When I used the credit score simulator, I decreased my credit balance to 0, and the result shows that my score could be 690. Is it true that having a credit card but not using it that much can increase credit score?

Start reading the articles here and other sites to learn about credit. Read other questions and answers in this forum site, as your question has been asked many times. 

Reading the articles and questions here has helped me understand credit.

Read about "credit card utilization". You will find that you should not have a balance over 30% of the credit line or your scores will be hit hard. Just let a small balance report once a month, then pay it off before the due date. You want to show revolving activity, but you also want to show low utilization.