Question

joeybolufe

Will being removed as an authorized user on a higly used card affect my score?
My dad added me as an authorized user to his credit card and he is using about 90% of the credit limit. It is impacting my score negatively. On my personal credit cards I keep my percentages under 30% all the time.

If I am removed will the history of that card be completely removed?

So if I am removed as an authorized user while my dads card is still at 90% would it negatively affect me? For example would it still show up on my report that I have a card with a high utilization?
Should I wait till my dad pays it off and it is at a lower percentage, and then be removed?

Removing yourself could be a good move.  His utilzation is definitley hurting you.  However, if he has had the card a very long time you are benefiting in the "age of credit" catergory.  Utilization is a stronger factor than age however.  If it was me....I would have myself removed.  Good luck.

Get removed now, if he gets his utilization under control and know for sure it will stay under control, you can always get readded later. That high utilization will hurt your scores. If after removed, the account does not disappear from your reports, contact the credit bureaus and have them remove it.