Question

katiaaragon1

Will being added as an auth. user to my bf's 10 year old paid in full credit card help my age hist?
My credit aging is as new as 4 years old. so this is negatively affecting my credit score. i asked my signifcant other who is highly responsible and has paid all his credit cards, if he can add me to his oldest cc as an auth. user. He has bank of america for over 10 years, paid in full with a big limit. Please advise!

Depends on the Credit Score Model.  for some you might see a gain, on other there will be no affect. 

This would be a good idea, it will help you.

I know you say he is all responsible and honest.  But realize that if for some reason he does not make a payment or runs a high usage on that card, it WILL hurt yours twice as much as does his.  I would be warry of being added and would just continue to build on my own.  I only have 6 years 5 months average age and yet have over 800 score.