Question

klbj

Will Amex approve a second Blue Cash credit card even if you have one already from a pior offer?

First, why would you want 2 of the same card? Second, you should visit the AMEX website and check the preapproval offers, they are usually really accurate, so DO NOT apply for any cards that do not pop up.

p.s.

Have you tried to get a "credit line increase" on your current card?

klbj

Well the thing is I got a pre approved offer in the mail and I was approved and got the card. I was happy to see Amex give me this offer because I was building up credit and never had an Amex card before. Now they sent me another offer about a month later with the same card but better rates. I'm not sure if they dont realize I accepted an offer already. Should I answer the offer and see what happens? I'm still doing everything to build my credit and two Amex cards is better than one...I think...

No, you should not answer the offer, because it will probably be a wasted hard inquiry. Contact AMEX and speak to them about this, ask them if you can get the lower rate on the card that you currently have. If a general customer service rep is unable to help you, ask for a supervisor.