Question

SuperMechanic27

Will a new collection that happened at the same time as old collections fall off at the same time?
I have some old medical bills that are supposed to fall off 6 months to a year from now and about a month ago one of my medical bill accounts got sold and they just now reported it to my credit report but it happened at the same time as my old bills.. Im wanting to know if it will fall off with the other ones since the delinquency date is the same and its from the same incident?

Most Helpful Response

YES, the removal date dose NOT change. However, do understand that collection company might tell you other wise, after all, they are trying to get money from you, they might say just about everything and anything to get you to pay.

SuperMechanic27

Thank You! Thats what I was thinking but I wasn't sure and I was getting excited to be able to rebuild my credit a lil easier with a clean slate but when i saw that the other day I got nervous because I wasn't sure.

The answer given by JohnnyRain was excellent, but I wanted to add some other advice. Do some reading on "early exclusion" as Transunion will sometimes remove negative accounts six months prior to the seven year mark and Equifax and Experian sometime up to three months prior to the seven year mark, there have been reports of them removing even earlier than that.

SuperMechanic27

Ya i have an ambulance bill that happened at the same incident and it dropped off a little over a year ago. I was wondering why it dropped off already and the other ones havent lol i didnt know some stuff dropped off early. I have only heard of them dropping off on time or up to 6 months after.