Question

MommaLiz88

Will a credit card improve bad credit if I have accounts in collections?
I have 2 accounts in collections that I am remedying. If I get a credit card will it improve my credit even with accounts in collections? Those accounts are from my very young years. I now have a husband and 2 children and would like to buy a home. Improving my credit is a MUST. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

Yes, a credit card will help you build up good credit to off-set the collection accounts.  Also, some credit unions offer a "credit builder" loan, which is also useful.  Best of luck!