Question

reallytiredru

whydo i stillhave stuff on my credit report thats over 7years old
also whats the best way to rise my credit score and how do i get addresses of these people to ask them to remove it. I don't know who they are or what the debt is? also have multiple inquirys for credit...i called one and they put me on hold and then a recording came on and said ive reached a number that's no good????

Most Helpful Response

Sounds like you need to get you credit

Report. 

Never contact a creditor directly unless your ready to pay them off. Any account your not familiar with write a "Validation Letter"  Google it for a template  and more info. Mail these to at least one of the credit bureaus  this will require them to verify weather the accounts are valid and have the right to collect.  

Thats a start. 

Good luck. 

Zatchu2

Thank you! This is the answer I was looking for. I have a old collection from Verizon that started back in 2005 it should be off my credit score but it's not because they keep selling the collection to different companies so that changes the year so I need to dispute it thank you for your post. I will Google it and dispute it.