Question

anchoragedan

Why would I want to increase my credit score just so I can go deeper into debt?
Going into debt slows the growth of my net worth. What are the advantages of living beyond my means?

Most Helpful Response

You misunderstand.

Having a good credit score doesn't mean going deeper into debt.  It means you have proven you are responsible with money and can be trusted.  An additional advantage is that a good credit score makes it easier to qualify for a lower interest rate when you do have to borrow.

Intellilgent people do not llive beyond their means and do not max out their credit cards on a regular basis.  They strive to pay the accounts as quickly as possible (preferably "in full " every month) and are careful in making purchases. 

Thanks to information and tools on this site, I was able to consolidate my small, high-interest credit cards and get a higher credit limit, lower interest card.  My score has gone up and the debt limit is going down because the larger than minimum payments I'm able to make on the cards is reducing the debt to nothing before the end of the year.  Use the tools and learn how you can improve your financial life.

FYI- I'm on a fixed income and my financial life has improved thanks to info and tools on this site.