Question

dbabyyy

Why wasn't I approved for 2 different credit cards with a score of 680?
About a year ago with a score of 694 I applied for a Victoria's Secret Credit card to try and build my credit but was not approved then a couple moths ago I tried to apply for a credit card through Chase bank with a score of 680 and was still not approved. My payment history has zero late payments. The only thing I can think of would be two medical bills I have which I just started paying off. Would that be the cause of this?

Most Helpful Response

NOT to sound mean but with a score of 680 your applying for cards that are way out of your league.....go to capital one and apply for the Quicksilver One credit card (mastercard version) comes with 1.5% cashback with a $39 annual fee so spend $2600/year and the cashback will cover the annual fee though you still need actually pay it....and in order to boost your score keep your utlization under 20% ie: $1,000 CL don't go over $200 a month (or make multiple payments before the bill comees in ie: once a week)