Question

longway2go

Why is my Recommended Card the one with the highest interest?
Just wondering if i would be missing out on some kind of score benefit if i apply for a card with a lower rate as my first credit card. After all, I intend to have it for a long time. Are the recommendations based on reviews?

Most Helpful Response

you don't mention your credit score in the question but i'm guessing since its your first card and there reccomending cards with high APR its not that high low 600's.....not to worry first off APR isn't a huge deal if you pay your card in full every month so ideally you want your card at a controlable amount most people reccomend don't go over 20% credit limit so ie your card is $1,000 limit spend no more then $200....and pay it off in full when the statement comes in.......for you if you want a card with decent rewards i'd suggest the Capital One Quicksilver One Mastercard it has 1.5% cash back on all purchases no limit to amount you can earn and as long as you spend $2600 per year then the rewards you reiceve pay for the annual fee of $39 attached to this card......honestly the easiest card to get on the market atm

heres the link through CK so you can check it out yourself https://www.creditkarma.com/reviews/credit-card/single/id/CCCapitalOne581

Frankly, it isn't as important what the interest rate is on a card as how good the service is with that card because intelligent consumers use no more than 20% of the credit card limit so they can pay the cards in full every month, thus not having to pay interest charges.

But I selected a card (not one of the recommended ones) because it allowed me to consolidate the high interest credit cards I had at a significantly lower rate for use AND 12 months at zero interest to pay off the consolidated cards.  Thus I have more available credit and lower usage at a lower rate of interest.  We all make our own choices based on our needs.