Question

Mommaof2Princesses2

Why is my parents home loan on my credit report?
I went to check my score and it said I had a home loan, but its my parents. Im not on that loan anywhere. How do I get it off?

Most Helpful Response

Write a letter,

You can write a simple letter to all 3 CRA's stating that this not your account.  Often times its happens with similar names.  I'm working on one now, all of a sudden I have a mortgage showing on one of my reports for a loan thats not mine on my CR.  

if the inital letter doesn't rectify it, you can send a "Validation Letter", that requires the CRA's to investigate and provide proof that the account is yours.  (Google Validation letter for a template)