Question

asuka2014

Why is my credit score on karma different than actual credit report
My actual credit score is 702 on my credit report and credit karma is showing 695. Why the difference?

ms

I though that Credit Karma was pulling your actual scores from the various credit reporting agencies.  Isn't this what they advertise?? When I applied for a home loan my actual score was 83 points lower,  Seems like Credit Karma is about useless for helping you keep track of your credit score.

Thanks a lot

I applied for a loan because I thought I knew my credit score. But I got denied because my actual credit score was 80 points lower than Credit karma! If I would have known that they I wouldn't have applied for the loan. Now I have a hard inquiry on my credit report, which, of course, lowers my score! FIX THIS CREDIT KARMA! 

Most Helpful Response

wrong scores

credit karma was and is way off,

my actual credit reports are always 100 + points higher than credit karma,

i check each week

and each week, credit karma is wrong.

MG01

I notice this as well, Credit Karma is WAY off.  

Lastly

That is exactly right CK is always 50-60 points below the actual credit bureaus score.

CK is a scam, they push you toward selected high interest companies like Springleaf and Capitol one cards.

What a Scam

Credit Karma is 100 pts. lower than on my real report from the credit reporting agency.  I asked Equifax WTF and they said Credit Karma make up their own scores and does not get any scores or scoring data from the credit reporting agency's directly.  This is terribly misleading and frustrating and causes major anxiety.  Please stop misrepresenting your website as factual or fix the problem. 

ditto

Credit karma was off by over 100 points on mine... what the heck?

crka17

I though that Credit Karma received your actual scores/reports from the credit reporting agencies.  Isn't that what they advertise??  When I applied for a home loan my actual credit score was 83 points lower on Equifax than what Credit Karma told me it was.  If I would have known my "actual" score I would have contaced the "real" credit agencies to determine what the problem was.  Now I am stucktrying to sort out a mess and the delay could potentiallylead to me losing the home I wanted to purchase.

the scores should all be in line

lenders take the lowest score and use that  to deny you loans

Credit Karma uses TransUnion report to calculate your score, but they have their own way to calculate. So their score can be different than the one you get directly from TransUnion. If you were talking about Experian or Equifax score, they will be likely different than that of TransUnion already. Hope this helps.