Question

scottyjakes

Why is my credit file missing? I was denied credit due to a negative report but now no report found
I was denied credit for reason that looked serious. When I tried getting a copy of the credit report, the credit bureau asked me about loans I never heard of, so they cannot give me the report. Credit Karma says it cannot find a report.

What is going on and what do I need to do?

I would write to the credit bureaus (all 3 of them)  and explain this situation.   In your letter, include your full legal name and any other names you may have used in your life.  For example, sometimes I use my middle initial and sometimes I don't.  I have a maiden name.  These other names that are actually you are also noted as "alias names". 

Also include your date of birth, your social security number and the address you live at and any addresses you have lived at in the past several years.   Include a copy of your state driver's license as well.

Send all correspondence Certified mail, return receipt.  Keep a copy of the letter.  When the letter is received by each bureau you will be notified by the "return receipt".  Keep in constant contact with them.  This is not something that can be done over the phone.

It sounds like there may be identity theft involved and you want to clear the matter up now.  This is urgent!