Question

Princesa1212

Why is my car loan interest rate higher on credit karma than what is on the application I signed
I didn't notice this until I went thru my credit karma information

Difference in Rates

The interest rate refers to the annual cost of a loan to a borrower and is expressed as a percentage. The interest rate does not include fees charged for the loan. 

• The APR is the annual cost of a loan to a borrower -- including fees. Like an interest rate, the APR is expressed as a percentage. Unlike an interest rate, however, it includes other charges or fees  to reflect the total cost of the loan. The Federal Truth in Lending Act requires that every consumer loan agreement disclose the APR. Since all lenders must follow the same rules to ensure the accuracy of the APR, borrowers can use the APR as a good basis for comparing certain costs of loans. Your monthly payment is not based on APR; it's based on the interest rate on your promissory note. 

Why the difference? The APR is intended to give you more information about what you’re really paying.

This was taken from the BofA website but the rules and laws are the same across the board. 

Hope this helps. Good luck