Question

ledHDMI

Why is my Auto Insurance Score is only Fair?
I have Excellent Transrisk and VantageScore ratings, but my Auto Insurance Score is only Fair. Where do the ratings diverge so that it is possible for me to have a lower rating?

Most Helpful Response

Welcome to the club. :-( The answer is that the auto scoring system is a shameful mess, often completely out of touch with reality. Fortunately, many states have begun to put limits on how these scores can be used, but it's still a shame that we (who often have excellent credit and a clean driving record) are not allowed to see why our insurance scores are abysmal or dispute the information they're based on.