Question

maxsize

Why Is My Application Being Sent To The Fraud Department
hi - I have good credit and no credit problems. To verify, I just pulled a tansunion report and it was clean. Recently, I tried to open an acct at Navy Federal Credit Union. Everything was going fine, then after several weeks after I didn't get any response from them, I called them and they said they didn't open the account because they suspected fraud. They never told me. The way to "fix" that was that I had to send several pieces of ID to their fraud department verifying who I am. That was over a month ago and when I talked to a CSR again recently they said they can't check status. I will try once more, but then I will give up on it.

Now today, I applied for a credit card. They pulled my credit report and said everything looked good, but then they connected me to the fraud department. Again, they are asking for documentation.

I've never had to fill requests like this before for a credit card, bank account, etc. This can't be a coincidence. There is nothing on my credit report about fraud. Could someone have put a "ding" on me regarding fraud that I don't know about? Really confused about this.

Thanks for any help that you can offer.

You might want to contact each credit bureau (Transunion, Equifax and Experian) and ask them if they have something along the lines of fraud protection on you. Then go from there. The only problem is that many of the reps you will speak to at the credit bureaus probably will not know what it going on anyway. Try to get the info from one of the lenders on why fraud is suspected, if you can get them to tell you this then you will know what is going on, I would think that they should have to tell you once you confirm your identity with them. If you run into further problems with this you might speak to a credit attorney or even someone at the bank that you use to try to figure out what is going on.