Question

blaksnake

Why is CK so inaccurate?
On TV they say this is the best credit source? Ok .... I just got a car on my credit and they told me my score from Equifax was 630, but this site reads, "531"? Seriously?! This site needs to update properly and stay up-to-date if you want us to depend on this. If you're going to produce FAKE scores, let us know please, as it can cause stress, anxiety and depression thinking you are in Poor status. We work hard to get our scores up to par, so please do the same for us.

Vantage vs FICO

2 reasons it might be different: 1) lenders report to bureaus 1x a month, so something may have been reported in the time you were at the car dealership and checked on Credit Karma, though, that's a big drop so I doubt it. 2) There are different types of scoring models. Credit Karma uses the Vantage 3.0 model. It's perfectly legit and many lenders use this model. It's also the model that's most sensitive to activity, so it gives you a better read of your actions and impact on your score. Other lenders use the FICO model, but that doesn't make it more legit than the Vantage model. It's just a matter of lender preference.