Question

JoeyFresh85

Why dose a card show closed? Is it because i paid it off?
I paid off my Victoria Secret card and my score droped 12 points. It now shows the card is closed. I paid off the card with the thought it would help my credit score. I did not close the account it is still an active card.

If the card is reflected as closed, then for whatever reason Victoria Secret closed the account when it was paid off.   Is this an account or a credit card?  Store card or otherwise.   Contact the credit card company to determine the status and ask that they update the data to show the account is still open in good standing.   Routinely, most credit cards don't close for inactive as long as there is activity within the past 12-18 months.