Question

jbryson44

Why does my transunion score go down 15 points while equifax goes up 15 points?

TransU Down ... Equifax UP

I just had the same happen and it's puzzling.

Earlier this week I had TransUnion score of 688 and Equifax 649.   I applied/was approved for 2 new credit cards and was looking forward to an increase due to my new credit utilization.    I received +11 on Equifax  but -32 on TransUnion.  So disappointed.

I am wondering why the difference?   I noticed that cut my Age of Credit History in half so that may be it.  

Mistakenly I thought my Credit Card utilization would outweight that since it is high impact over medium.

Will this even out?

Thank you for any input.

Different data equals different score

The accounts listed on TransUnion are not identical to those listed on Equifax.  For example, Transunion removed a disputed collection account from theirs but Equifax refused to remove.  So the data used by both entities to estimate a Vantage Credit Score is different.  Also, I paid off my car just less than a year ago and account is closed but opened 5 years ago.  TransUnion shows this account with no missed payments.  Equifax has already removed it.  (I thought positives had to stay 7 years but evidently not).

So in my case, TransUnion has one less collection account and one paid in full account without missed payments that Equifax does not have.  This will clearly estimate a different credit score.

As always, to determine the cause(s) of any scoring change you have to carefully review reports from before and after the change.  We do not have access to your reports and cannot answer your question for you.