Question

SwindlJKU

Why does my score vary between auto lenders so strongly?
Dealership has approved me fo ra 4.8% New Auto Loan for around 31k. On CK, my scores are around 680, while Chrysler Capital pulled a 711. My question is this: As I have shopped at a couple of credit unions (2) to try and beat that rate for negotiation purposes, why are the score they pull in the low 600s? Why such a huge difference which is obviously affecting my rates... credit union offered a 9.99 rate for 72 months (laugh). What can I do to help make sure I'm getting the lowest rate without markup from the dealer?

Forgot to mention

I will also mention that I am purchasing a Wrangler Unlimited... and if you know Jeeps at all, specifically Wranglers, they never have any type of incentives. Therefore, I'm left with dealing with the bank's rates...