Question

KManTeach

Why do I still have a credit score??
I can't remember the last time I had a credit line open. I was told that your credit score goes down to 0 if you don't have any open credit lines for 18 months. Anyone know anything about this?

Most Helpful Response

Paid and closed accounts will stay on your credit report for 7 & 1/2 years from date of last payment.  Any unpaid accounts stay on your credit report for 7 & 1/2 years from date it went delinquent/date of last activity.  If accounts are still open, they will continue to report. 

Thank you

Thanks for the info, now I know!

That's not true at all

Even if you never opened anything new the stuff you had before will make your credit score whether it's  good or bad. You can never touch your credit and as long as nothing negative messes with it the score can be good, otherwise it could plummet to 300 but regardless you will have a score...

twenty21

You're an idiot