Question

brockge8883

why did my score drop drastically
I've been working very hard to repair my credit, My score jumped 53 points recently so I applied for a credit card to help build credit even further, I was approved for the card and my score dropped 4 points from the credit check as expected would happen. After that I disputed an account on my report, after a few days I received the email stating the account was legit and nothing would be done about it but my score dropped 70 points, when I look at the "what's changed" link it says no changes have occurred, I was just wondering if anybody can tell me what the reason is for this huge drop.

Looks to me like all the recent activity

has caused the drop.

When you contest a debt and open a new account with in a short period of time, the system wants to put the brakes on any new lending until things have settled down.  

Remember the system was designed to protect the lenders form making bad loans. This flurry of activity is a warning sign in the system to other lenders.

Once the dust settles things should bounce back to normal, usually within a couple of months.