Question

Dlarla5444

why did my score drop
My score was in the low 600s and going up. I had just paid off $10,000 worth of credit card debt, and expected it to go up another several points. When I checked this morning/last night, the Equifax score dropped 30 points, after I paid off a $5,000 credit card, and my Transunion score dropped 6 points. I'm confused?!

Credit Karma is here to TEACH  how credit works and those who are wise enough to know they never stop learning will take advantage of this opportunity.  There are numerous factors that can affect your credit score and, since only you can see your credit information here, learning about those factors will help you to manage your credit. If you haven't read the articles and used the financial tools here, I advise doing so.  Sure helped me!