Question

stacyc1977

why did my credit score go from fair down to poor

Most Helpful Response

Since we do not have access to your credit records, you are going to have to do some work to discover the answer for yourself.  Start by reading the articles on this site so you can learn how credit works.  Teaching people about credit is what Credit Karma is all about because too many people do not understand this important financial tool.  When you learn about credit, then you'll be able to discern where you may have made a mistake and fix it.     

From Fair to Poor...

My credit report two months ago was Fair with TransUnion and Poor with Equifax, and then we bought a car and have made our payments which were only two so far, but it dropped my score to poor... why is that.. I thought by taking out more credit and paying it on time it was suppose to raise my credit... and if this is how it works then why would I want to take out a credit card... Credit cards are what ruined my credit to begin with.... That and my exhusband with his car loan... but it felt good watching my credit score raise... and now its back down... I feel as tho Im being punished for buying something new...