Question

IHateEquifax

Why are the Vantage scores inconsistent? Husband/Wife team with varied results.
Can someone that works/contributes for Credit Karma please answer this, as this has happened now more than once.

I have been working on my wife's and my credit, monitoring and repairing. I have eliminated all collections on my account,
and all but one on her accounts.

She has a credit card, in which I am an authorized user, and I have a card in which she is an authorized user.
Last month, we had a balance of 1/5th of our total credit in use on their report date. I paid that off to a zero balance.

There were no more derogatory marks added to either of our accounts, no negative action in any area, no inquiries, nothing. Yet...

My Credit Karma scores went up 2 points in both Equifax and Transunion. Also, it raised 14 points on the FICO8 model which has nothing to do with Credit Karma.

My wife dropped 18 points on Equifax, 10 points on Transunion, but went up 12 points on her FICO8.

Credit Karma Crew; This is at least the second time I have noticed this since working on our credit.
It's NOT a consistant model.

With everything the same across the board, between 2 accounts, why does one go up several points, yet on your model the other person takes a big point hit?

You two cannot have identical reports unless you've done everything absolutley identical in the last 10 years or, for that matter, your entire credit life (AAoA). There are other factors involved other than being AU's on each others credit cards. You're focusing on 1 variable when there are dozens at play compling a score. Also, vantage scores are known to be more touchy and sensitive compared to fico...variables are weighed quite differently.

IHateEquifax

"You're focusing on 1 variable when there are dozens at play compling a score. Also, vantage scores are known to be more touchy and sensitive compared to fico...variables are weighed quite differently."

Thanks for the reply,

But I am focusing on more than one variable, let me try this way, using Credit Karma's credit factors:

Credit Card Utilization: This is one of 3 areas that have changed in MONTHS.

It went from 19% down to 0% used when I paid them off. This had a positive effect on my score, yet negative on hers.

Payment history: Increases every month as well.

Age of Credit history: This is the only other factor that changed, which since we have not added on any new credit, it aged one month on both of our accounts.

But, the other factors have NOT changed in many months close to a year now:, Inquires, Total Accounts, Derogatroy marks.

Again, thank you for taking the time to reply, but I am hoping someone within the pay roll of Credit Karma, or at the very least someone who can really explain the drastic variation in C.K.'s model between 2 different accounts, when all the credit variables are consistant.