Question

jpcarney

Why are CK's scores 50-60 points LOWER than the FICO provided by Discover?
Ok, so my Transunion FICO provided by Discover via Transunion is 827. The CK scores are 764. Why the big difference? Different scoring methodologies? Which scores should I trust? Confused....

Most Helpful Response

CK not a credit bureau!!!

The credit score here is an approximation of your credit score based on the information received from Transunion, and it is used by you (and only you) for the educational tools proovided by this site so that you can see in a virtual world what effect certain financial actions may have on your credit score.

No one else but you ever sees the information posted on this site.

and they aren't! ALWAYS

My FICO is 50 points lower than my Vantage scorer.  Different models.

Answer-CK Vantage score lower then FICO

I finally found out why Credit Karma scores are lower then FICO scores. All the expert answers could not explain why CK Vantage scores are lower then FICO Scores.

As soon as my credit utilization went below 18% and I transfered a couple of balances on a card to another card and now that I have more zero balance credit cards, my Credit Karma Vantage score is now about the same as my FICO score.

Since I did both things at the same time, I don't know which one had more of an effect but having done both, my CK Vantage score is the same as my FICO

Credit Cards

It's to get you to switch credit cards they make there money from getting you to switch cards my true Fico Score is 841 way above the scores on here. 

1) There is no such thing as a CreditKarma Score.

2) You Can't compare FICO and Vantage Socres as they are both differnt score models.

3) see that you have been with CK from 2009 and during the 5 years have not leared much about Credit scores,   I suggest you start reading more.

octet1

Thanks for being a jerk! Why don't you read some self help books

jpcarney

Well, idiot, I think I've logged onto this site maybe 3 or 4 times since joining. I probably understand credit and credit scores much better than you do. My FICO is now 837. Get back to me when yours even appoaches this. I didn't know that CK was just a silly little make-pretend Kredit Skor designed to entertain silly littl make-pretend people.