Question

kristyvance2007

why am i finding stuff i didnt know about on my credit?
I was looking through things on my credit and everything and found accounts against my credit I didn't make and stuff I aleady paid for.WHY?

Do you check your credit reports yearly?  If not, now is the time to start because there are often errors on the reports due to the human factor.  Go to annualcreditreport.com to get copies of all three credit reports.  Look them over very carefully and file disputes on all WRONG information with the credit bureau reporting the items.  They have to oinvestigate and either verify or delete the disputed items.

Accounts that ARE yours, but closed, are just part of your credit history and will remain for 7 years from the date of pay-off.  Then they will disappear.