Question

zcarello

who is NCO FIN?
Who is NCO FIN and how do I contact them? I have no idea who they purchased the collection from and when I applied for a loan from my bank and received it we went thru the credit report they had and paid everything in collections. This did not show up during their search.

Most Helpful Response

When in doubt, check credit reports.

I can tell  you that NCO Financial is a "junk debt" buyer which is a collection agency that buys old, often uncollectable debts and tries collecting on them.  The best description of them is not repeatable in polite company.

Go to freeannualreport.com and get copies of all 3 credit reports.  Look them over very thoroughly and file disputes on items you know or have any question about being yours. The credit bureau then has to investigate and either verify or remove those items.  Make checking your credit reports something you do every year to be certain only the correct items are shown.