Question

antman2x2

Where do I go from here? Denied by everyone, student with OK credit!
Hey guys. Im currently rolling with a 697 CK according to credit karma. Im a 19 year old student who works part time and has an income of around 10k a year. I live at home and have no monthly bills besides car insurance.

I have had my discover student card open for almost a year with 100% on time payments and no more than half my limit carried over. Discover has also given me numerous credit limit increases.

Ive begun to try to get a second card to grow my score even more over time but no matter what I try everyone is denying me.

Ive tried 3 different cards now, and I probably wont try for more for a while. (its not good to have alot of hard inquiries on your file no?)

Im just not sure where to go from here? Do I let my credit history age a bit further?

Most Helpful Response

Continue to build credit with the current card you have now. You have a young credit history which is most likely the reason why you got denied a second card. Most credit card lenders like to see a little over a year of responsible credit usage. I always find it better to wait for offers in the mail since you're pretty much pre-approved with an invite when you receive them.