Question

KayG

When purchasing a car from a dealer, do I have to provide my SSN?
They are telling me it's a security requirement even though I'm not financing the purchase; I'm paying cash.

Yes, I believe that you do. Do some google searching as it may help you find your answer. I am pretty sure that there is a law requiring it. Big Brother needs to know what you are buying.

I had to provide some information when I bought a car 2 years ago. AND I had to pre-pay the out of state excise tax and tag fee through them.  Apparently, there is a big problem with people buying new cars, then shipping them overseas.  The state wants their taxes paid, and people in other countries with high tarrifs were avoiding them.