When i request my own copy of my credit report, does it count as a hard inquiry?
I'm about to request one of my free annual credit reports, but I want to avoid any further hard inquiries... does it count as a hard inquiry if it's my own? or only if its lenders, businesses, companies etc...

enzokiller

Most Helpful Response

All requests by yourself count as a soft inquiry and will never affect your score. You can update CK every day and it will not be affected.

Response by
browno

No, it doesn't. When you check your credit its known as a soft inquiry. Hard inquiries are from lenders, businesses, etc.

Response by
caramelsky

checking via Credit Karma, which you can update daily if you wanted to, will never hurt your credit score either.

Response by
iwantcookies

Submit to the Community