Question

enzokiller

When i request my own copy of my credit report, does it count as a hard inquiry?
I'm about to request one of my free annual credit reports, but I want to avoid any further hard inquiries... does it count as a hard inquiry if it's my own? or only if its lenders, businesses, companies etc...

Most Helpful Response

No, it doesn't. When you check your credit its known as a soft inquiry. Hard inquiries are from lenders, businesses, etc.

checking via Credit Karma, which you can update daily if you wanted to, will never hurt your credit score either.