Question

AJNODEBT

When a credit debt balance is paid off through a 3rd party, how will that Appear on my credit?
I currently have a credit card debt that is in a 3rd party, I negotiated a balance half of the original debt amount, but now am having second thoughts about it. Is it better to pay the full amount or a settled amount? I am trying to repair and improve my credit score, and want to know the effect of the 3rd party collector and how it will reflect on my overall credit. Thank you!

Most Helpful Response

Well I would try to pay the original creditor.  See if you can do a "Pay for Delete".  So if you pay off the whole amount they delete the whole TL off your credit report.  If the OC will not take it back then try the same with the collector so at least you only have one badie on your report.  Then try doing goodwill letters to get it off your credit report.