Question

lakergirl26

What's wrong with my credit score?
I got my first card, a secure Capital One card, in July 2014. I've been using and paying my card on time since then, a total of almost eight months now.

About a month after getting my card, I was able to generate a credit score on Credit Karma. I had something around 690, and over the following few months, went up to the 730s at one point. I was thrilled.

Then, in December, Credit Karma gave me an error and stopped updating my score. When I contacted customer service on here, they told me it was a TransUnion error, so I contacted them. They gave me a copy of my credit report, and under the credit card section, it only showed me using my card from December until now. Even though I had been using it since July. There were simply blank spaces within the boxes in the months prior to December.

So I called TransUnion and they have me a ridiculous response, saying I didn't have enough credit history to generate a score.

But that doesn't make sense. How did I have enough credit history to generate a score after a MONTH, but then four months in, bam, it hits zero? Where were they generating the first few scores from?

This issue still hasn't been resolved. My Experian score also says it's zero. I don't understand how I've had a credit card for eight months and my credit score is still zero. I've heard it should take far less time than that. Help!