Question

Krh350z

What should I do if I opened an account for someone and they didn't pay
Okay so last year a friend of mine got an apartment and asked me to help open an account with Comcast for them because they had terrible credit. Of coarse like an idiot I opened an account in my name for them and they never paid the bill which got up to $900. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this and not pay it? Somehow they got enough of my info and opened an account with dish in my name without my knowledge, probably when they stopped paying Comcast, which is also in collections for $800. That one I am claiming identity theft because I had no knowledge of it. But I still don't know what my best coarse of action is for the account I opened in my name for them. I never even lived at the address. Please help. Thank you.

Lesson learned at a high cost, as this is money you legally owe.  Best course of action is to pay the bill, then take your "friend" to small claims court.  I would also possibly file a criminal complaint with the police office for identity theft, and let them know of the comcast things so they might be able to pursue criminal action against the person.