Question

plainolmama

. What should I do?
I am applying for a loan and faxed sensitive info to the wrong number. I have no idea who has my info now. I did fax them and asked them to shred my papers and to contact me. What else can I do?

If you are really worried, you can freeze your credit by going online to all three bureaus.  They charge a nominal one time fee, but it is worth it.  Each bureau gives you a PIN number (save that number).  Nobody can pull your credit until you go online (or call) each bureau and "thaw" your credit by using your PIN.  They thaw your credit for 30 days (so you can shop around).  Then  your credit goes back to frozen automatically.  I did this years ago and love it.