Question

schoollbmgf

What kind of credit car can I get with low credit score?
I am trying to increase my credit score more after making some mistakes when I was 18. I have recently financed a car with a cosigner and it has taken my score up by over 50 points. I am still in the very low 500s however, but its going up as I pay off all my debts. Any recommendations on my chances of getting approved?

There are type types of credit cards, secured and unsecured. Unsecured basiclly means you have no collateral backing the debt. I'm not sure if this will be an option with your current credit score. Secured credit card means you put down a certain dollar amount and that becomes your credit limit to start. This may be your better bet for getting approved. If you decide to go with a secured credit card make sure they report to all credit bureaus. Once you prove to the credit card issuer your are responsible enough for unsecured credit you can transition to that type of credit card.