What is the best utilization ratio to request a credit limit increase?
Following a nasty divorce, I came out of it with approx $10k in CC debt. There were a myriad of factors that forced me to live off my CCs month-to-month, but allowed me to get out without defaults, bankruptcy, etc.

I'm now in a better way financially and received enough cash to clear this debt off in full. I want to do it the best way possible to maximize my credit score and request a limit increase.

Should I pay my CCs both in full, then request a limit increase? Should I pay them down to a certain utilization %, then request? For either option, how long should I wait before requesting the increase?

For reference:
- Card #1 is 47% utilized and I've been making 3x minimum payments.
- Card #2 is 85% utilized and I've been making 3x minimum payments.
- Card #2 is about 40% larger than Card #1.