Question

maryannm26

What happens when you have a mental disability are u protect by law and get them removed off credit

Most Helpful Response

Having a mental disabity is not a qualifying reason to have debts erased under any law.   Having a mental disability and living on SSI or other assistance would just mean that they cannot attach your income to pay off debts.  (Unless you were to receive an initial lump sum payment, however, monthly payments cannot be attached).   Credit card companies can make decisions on credit based on a soft pull, which means they had access to your credit score and some useful information which precluded the need for them to pull your credit.   You may need to start with a reputable firm who offers secured credit cards to help you begin the process of rebuilding your credit.   Please consider, that if you feel the mental disability should preclude you from paying past debts, it would apply to new credit requests as well.

maryannm26

Ok thats

I just need this off my credit everything off they did not check my credit either and yet now I'm mad because I couldn't even get a good credit card and learning how to pay my bills now