Question

Ravenswolf521

What happens when a collection attorney stops taking agreed upon payments?
I had an agreement with a collection attorney's office to take payments out of my checking account directly. The payments were supposed to be taken out on the 15th of each month. In September the payment amount was supposed to increase. So far there has been nothing taken out of my account for the month of September. What should I do?

Check it out NOW!!

I had a loan repayment being taken out of my bank account, but the last payment wasn't taken on the due date.  Why?  Because the amount to be taken was less than what had been scheduled.

ONLY YOU can authorize a change in the amount to be taken out of your bank account.  Find out what the amount is supposed to be, ask the collection attorney to put it in writing (you ALWAYS want proof of any agreement) then notify your bank of the change right away!!

Call the attorney's office and ask about it. And make sure you document that you called and whatever plan was put in place. As the other posted stated, you're responsible for ensuring that things happen according to your original agreement. If you don't have that original agreement in writing, then ask them for a written document when you speak with them.