Question

jtanevismom06

What does your credit score need to be to get a Credit Card with a $1000.00 credit limit?
I am trying to rebuild my credit after being unemployed and late on some payments. (including mortgage) I have been paying everything on time now for two months and I'm wondering how long it will be before I am in good credit standings again. (my credit score is 587 which is up 18 points in one month)

Most Helpful Response

My best advice...

With a 587 credit rating and some history of late payments...your best bet to start rebuilding your credit is to get a Secured Credit Card from your bank or credit union.

You'll have to put down a balance to secure the card, but its going to help you rebuild in the long term.  It won't help your score immediately...so don't expect that.  Its a solid long term move.