Question

nathanbiller

What does "THD/CBNA" mean?
My Report says that I have a credit card named "THD/CBNA" which is incorrect. What does it mean and how do i remove it?

THD  means the Home Depot

Credit Limit Reduced

I had a notice on Credit Karma that my credit limit on THD/CBNA credit card had been reduced from the limit to 0.  Couldn't figure out what this was either.  Evidently, Home Depot got impatient with my not having used the card for a long time and reduced my credit limit to 0 (with no notice, by the way) and causing my credit score to drop 4 points!  Keep your score high by making at least one charge on each card per year to keep it active and maintain your total credit limit.

Most Helpful Response

CBNA means Citibank North America.

Dmurray1234

I have no city bank account nor do i remember having one

THD/CBNA

I had a similar item show up on my report in September, just saw it today. It shows as a new credit card BBY/CBNA. With google and this forum it occurs to me that I recieved a letter, about 6-8 weeks ago stating that my Best Buy card was going to be owned/serviced by Citi Bank in the future. Now it all makes sense. Citi is showing, to the credit reporting agencies, that I have a credit card with them with a zero balance...it is my Best Buy card.

THD/CBNA ?

I do not recognize this credit card THD/CBNA or charge.  I keep a very detailed budget on line and this doesn't look like anything I have done.  Can you give me any more details.  Email me at lblood1941@gmail.com.  Thank you.

Jaicdc1

The Home Depot/Citi Bank of N. America

why is my credit report so low all my bills have been current for over a year

Had the same thing

I have them showing up on my report as well.  I paid off my card in 2010.  I just called and was told that they continue to save the acct info and report on it for 12 months after it was closed.  I was told that they would stop reporting on mine in June.

Who is THD/CBNA

I have no idea what this is can you please let me know

Jaicdc1

THD = THE HOME DEPOT
CBNA = CITI BANK of N. AMERICA

its likely an application for a home depot store card as mine was.

I do ot have a citi bank credit card,  Please give me details on this.  My Home Depot account is up to date

HomeDepot Card =CitiBank

I just looked at my own fico and credit report, I was confused about an "inquiry" (which can lower your credit), by THD/CBNA

turns out IT was JUST HOME DEPOT checking my credit before giving me a home depot Store Card.

For me my answer is found, I just wanted to share that when I searched for answers as you all did too...

Home Depot Card = Through City Bank of North America 

CBNA

Jaicdc1

"THD/CBNA" EXPLAINED

THD stands for THE HOME DEPOT btw so its THE HOME DEPOT/CITI BANK of NORTH AMERICA