What does "THD/CBNA" mean?
My Report says that I have a credit card named "THD/CBNA" which is incorrect. What does it mean and how do i remove it?

nathanbiller

Most Helpful Response

THD/CBNA means you have a "The  Home Depot"  credit card (THD=The Home Depot ) and the CBNA is the bank that backs the credit card--if its not yours then dispute it--if it is yours can't remove it, its part of your credit file--i have the credit card and thats how it shows up on my reports

Response by
redcoupe

thanks 

Mrfixitnj

THD/CBNA

I had a similar item show up on my report in September, just saw it today. It shows as a new credit card BBY/CBNA. With google and this forum it occurs to me that I recieved a letter, about 6-8 weeks ago stating that my Best Buy card was going to be owned/serviced by Citi Bank in the future. Now it all makes sense. Citi is showing, to the credit reporting agencies, that I have a credit card with them with a zero balance...it is my Best Buy card.

Response by
maxxcatt

dispute it with which credit bureau shows it --if its all 3 then dispute it with all 3--if you don't have the card then maybe you can either go to home depot and get a phone number for the bank that backs it or go online a find a number--try that first--if they can't help you then the credit bureau's next--but again if you applied for it then nothing you can do--

Response by
redcoupe

Had the same thing

I have them showing up on my report as well.  I paid off my card in 2010.  I just called and was told that they continue to save the acct info and report on it for 12 months after it was closed.  I was told that they would stop reporting on mine in June.

Response by
Killroy108

Credit Limit Reduced

I had a notice on Credit Karma that my credit limit on THD/CBNA credit card had been reduced from the limit to 0.  Couldn't figure out what this was either.  Evidently, Home Depot got impatient with my not having used the card for a long time and reduced my credit limit to 0 (with no notice, by the way) and causing my credit score to drop 4 points!  Keep your score high by making at least one charge on each card per year to keep it active and maintain your total credit limit.

Response by
Keelnex

oh forgive me i do have a home depot card i did not know that citibank north america was home depot

thanks for clearing that up for me

Response by
Dmurray1234

dispute it with whom? do you have any info?

Response by
nathanbiller

I do ot have a citi bank credit card,  Please give me details on this.  My Home Depot account is up to date

Response by
jeanniejean

thdcbna

Who is THDCBNA.  I do not have an account with them

Response by
jeanniejean

why is my credit report so low all my bills have been current for over a year

Response by
Dmurray1234

Submit to the Community