Question

Gene1370

What do I do when there are things on my report that aren't accurate
Student loans should not be on my account anymore. They said they wiped out my loans because I proved that I had been disabled for the last 10 years or something, and as long as I don't get a job for another year or 2, I will be fine. If I did get a job during that time period other than disability, they would reinstate the loans. But since I'm following their rules, and have been for over a year, I don't know why it is still showing up negative on my credit report. I also don't know why a bankruptcy is showing after 7 years.

You obviously have not read the articles provided by this site or you wouldn't be asking those questions.    Look on t[he left side of the page under RESOURCES to get that information.

Everything showing on your credit reports (you should be checking all three of them annually) is part of your credit history and will show for 7-7.5 years past the "date of last activity"..  Bankruptcy does not wipe out the record of the debts that were included in it.....but it does hurt your credit for 10 years from the date of filing.  And the student loan discharge on disability is for a permanent disability. Permanent means you are not going to do any "substantial, gainful employment" ever.  I had to fight to get that disability discharge because I no longer can work sufficient to support myself so I know what is required.